Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pardon the interuption...

But I've been totally uninspired the last couple of days. With my job, myself and some of my life choices. To be quite honest with you I'm prone to bouts of melancholy or "the mean reds" as Holly Golightly calls them in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've been a glass half empty kind of girl for as long as I can remember. This year one of my resolutions was to consciously work at being more positive to battle the self doubt and I've definitely made some improvement but I guess there is still more work to do. August is pretty tough month for me. I will be celebrating another birthday in a few weeks and for me that means a constant chorus of shoulda, coulda, woulda dancing around my head. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for-healthy children, a healthy relationship, secure job, great friends- but sometimes it's hard to pull yourself out of a funk. Please allow me a pity party for tonight. Tomorrow I'll put my big girl pants on and start all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment