Friday, August 28, 2009

A Little Bit Country

The epitome of a country kitchen. The sink ,a chandelier in the kitchen-yes please, the skirting under the sink, the peeling paint...I love it all!

This one is a little more modern but still has all of the elements I love especially the farmhouse sink. I love the little desk too!
all images taken from countryliving.com



In my dream world, D and I would settle into a an old farmhouse in a small town with a lovely garden and loads of charm. I don't know that many people would look at me and think I'm a country girl at heart. My friends wonder I hate suburban wasteland but want to live in the country. To them it's the same thing. To me the difference is character. I don't want to live in a place where there is so much same-ness-the houses, the cars, the material aspirations. I want to live in a place where the floors creak and the wildflowers are in abundance. I have stacks of Country Living and the recently departed Country Home magazine that I reread every few months for inspiration. I hate the term shabby chic. I prefer to call it faded charm. I guess I think that there is a certain beauty in imperfection. In suburban wasteland big, shiny, modern kitchens with granite, stainless steel appliances, and professional stoves(even for those that do very little cooking) are all the rage. I'd like my kitchen with a little more charm and some mismatched pieces. I told D that kitchens like this inspire baking which could mean lots and lots of pies for him, but I'm not sure he's convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment