Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Bit of Lovliness


I don't have a green thumb. I think the longest I've ever kept a plant alive was two months. I even managed to kill a cactus. But, I die for fresh cut flowers in the house. I ususally stop at TJs or the farmer's market to pick some up because they have have a great variety and a better price than the grocery superstores. Sunday I invited my sister over for brunch and needed to pick up a few things from the grocery store so I grabbed a bunch of white roses,these pink flowers(which may be a variety of mums)and some greens. It took me about 30 minutes to arrange them in my yard sale find milk glass compote. Because the container is fairly shallow I used floral foam to hold everything in place. I'm pretty pleased with way the arrangement turned out. I wish I'd purchased another bunch of flowers because I think there's too much filler but it's not to shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment