Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sugar and Spice...


I've said it before, being a mother to teenage girls is the hardest.thing.ever. They test your patience, your faith and your strength. This summer there have been days that have left me physically and emotionally drained. Their father chooses not to be involved in the lives of his children. I wish it was different but it is what it is. They drive me insane but at the same time my heart bursts with pride every time I see them accomplish something. I don't think I'm one of those moms that goes nuts over every single thing their kid does. And being a single mother didn't allow me the luxury of being their "friend". I am their mother and father and always had to be the disciplinarian.


For my birthday this weekend I really just wanted to do something with my family. We went to brunch on Sunday and basically just spent the whole day lounging around the house, laughing and watching Project Runway and Real Housewives of Atlanta. At some point during the day the must have taken the camera and snapped that picture. Every time I see it it reminds me of how much I love them and the people they are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment