Monday, December 13, 2010

pattern play





details:dress-vintage/cardi-target/shoes-kate spade/tights-target/belt-f21

I'm so bummed these pictures didn't turn out better because I'm kind of in love with this outfit. 

I stalked this dress on etsy for about a week and then I bit bullet and bought it. It has a high neckline and collar which can be tricky for me{I feel like it makes my face look fuller. Or maybe that's from all the crap I've been eating lately!}. I may end up taking it to a seamstress and changing the neckline a bit. I love the blues and purples in the plaid. Is it natural to think you can pair leopard print with plaid? No! Did that stop me from doing it? Absolutely not! I added these ivory tights because this outfit so obviously needed another texture/pattern:D

Yesterday we were treated with some snow. It looked like we were living inside of a snow globe! You know what that means for the kids, snow day. Awesome...for them:( Being a parent gives you a totally different perspective on snow days, especially when this is their last week of school before the holiday break.   

I only wore these heels for pictures. The rest of the day I wore my fuggs(which keep my feet toasty!). I also had a full on allergy attack this afternoon. My nose is now red and my eyes are a red, puffy, runny-gross, I know-mess. It ain't pretty people. It's now time for some tea and a benydryl haze. Have a lovely evening:D    

No comments:

Post a Comment