Sunday, December 12, 2010

friday




                              details:dress&neckalces-f21/tights-target/shoes-steve madden/cardi-bebe

Friday night I went to a gallery opening and dinner with a dear friend. We had an amazing time drinking wine, eating a yummy meal and talking about everything- from novels, colleges, relationships(of course) and researching family history on ancestry.com. I took my camera(good blogger) but I forgot to take a single picture(bad blogger!). It totally bums me out because I want to get better at documenting some of the things that go on the city. I loved this outfit so much so I decided on this snowy Sunday to get up and recreate it:)

I'm in love with all things blush/ballet pink/nude colored right now. The floaty chiffon tiers are so romantic and perfect for camouflaging the food belly from our dinner{which included a cheese board with three wonderful cheeses and chutneys/jams and an amazing cauliflower soup}The dark tights,shoes and sweater give it and edge and keep it from being too sweet. I loved these tights but talked myself out of them because they were $10...at Target! By the time I'd made my way around the store with my lotion, Izze sodas and magazines I changed my mind:) 

So I put this on to make it's blog debut but I spent most of the day in flannel pj's and Uggs. So glamorous, right? There's a blanket of beautiful, fluffy, fresh snow out and there is something comforting about spending Sunday snowed in flipping channels between sappy Lifetime Christmas movies and episodes of Bridezilla(a guilty pleasure).

I desperately need to figure out the picture taking situation for the cold! What are the rest of you that live in places where it's now freezing and snowing going to do? I feel like I just got the hang of taking my photos outside and really improved on picture quality and now I have to figure out something else:( Or do I just man up and deal with the elements?

Have a happy Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment