Thursday, September 16, 2010

platform for change




details:dress~vintage/shoes~Jessica Simpson/cuff~f21
Hey there! I didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth but...blah,blah,blah!
I haven't been in the best of spirits. I think Holly Golightly called them the "mean reds". It's the whole ,"I'm so ugly, I feel so worthless"..woe is me thing that I sometimes let myself fall into. I loathe linking physical appearance to self worth but sometimes it's really hard for me to keep those thoughts out of my head.
Anyway, I really haven't worn much more than denim cutoffs and hanes white t-shirts for the last few days and no one wants to see that-trust me. I think the hubby was relieved that I finally decided to get dressed yesterday, even if it meant I was wearing the most ri-dunk-u-lous shoes. ever! I know these Jessica Simpson platforms are the toast of many a fashion blog but trust me when I say I was getting the big fat side eye in the burbs! I limited my errand running-or should I say errand walking(very carefully so I didn't kill myself!) I have to say that once I got used to them they are pretty easy to maneuver. I felt very Studio 54! These completely ridiculous shoes, a fantastic party last night, and lunch with one of my best friends was almost enough to pull me out of my funk..almost:(
Better outfits and less emo tomorrow-I promise!


















No comments:

Post a Comment