Friday, February 12, 2010

mix it up


details:
denim shirt/fair isle oversized cardi~the gap
lace skirt~f21
red tights~hue~macy's?
booties~steve madden


the sun made a an appearance today! it was lovely. i actually ran some errands this afternoon without my coat :0 it's not enough to defrost the icy tundra that used to be our back yard but it was so nice to feel the sun on my face.

i've discovered that i love the look of light colored skirts and dresses with dark tights and light colored shoes. this is something that i would have never tried before but having this blog and looking at myself objectively has really helped me work on figuring out my style, what i like and the things that look good on my body. i was kind of mish mosh of styles today(preppy, romantic, funky) and i'm not sure if this really work appropriate but these days i find myself dressing more for myself.
i'm lounging on the sofa after a kind of busy day enjoy the opening ceremony of the winter olympics. they lost a young athelete today during a training run and watching the horrific video on the news literally made me weep. it was heartwarming to see the respons his delegation got as they entered the arena. there something about the olympics that makes me feel like the world is a better place than we give it credit for. on a lighter note...i loved the us team's outfits:)

no big plans this weekend. maybe i'll surprise the family with heart shaped waffles on valentine's day. have a lovely weekend!
*sorry for the headless pic but today not one of my pictures turned out well. i really need a better camera*

3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, and you look so brave wearing tights in the snow!! I love those pink tights and you just reminded me that I need to wear them more often...it's snowing here too now and I'm pretty much over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cold just looking at your picture!

    Kudos to you for being able to define your style better through the blog. I think you look fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great. i love how blogging makes me try things i wouldn't normally do. i love how you keep rocking the fair isle sweater.

    ReplyDelete