Friday, October 22, 2010

wish you were here




details:cardigan~anthropologie/jacket~vintage/skirt~vintage/belt~anthropologie/boots~jessica simpson

Hey all! How's your Friday going? I'd like to say we have plans for a big night on the town but the truth is we'll order pizza and catch up on episodes of Dexter. We certainly know how too live it up? Ha! My daughter is coming home from school tomorrow. Her birthday is Tuesday so we're going to celebrate Sunday with a family dinner.

After spending the morning around the house I decided to get dressed and interact with the world. I love to read. I used to read an average of two books per week but lately I've been lazy and haven't had much of an attention span. It's been easier to be lazy and mindlessly watch television. I took myself to a proper coffee shop with one of the many books taking up residence on my nightstand. I spent an hour and a half with a good strong cup of coffee and focused on my book. It was fantastic!

I think I've been inspired heavily by the 70s lately. I can't get enough of the all American cool that comes to mind when I think of the 70s. I found this jacket the other day at a local vintage/consignment store and fell in love! I think it pretty much goes with everything in my closet. I love it paired with the gray in this outfit. This fantastic skirt is from dear golden etsy store. It is made of the most fantastic tweed-y knit material.The waist is a little big but that allowed me to cinch with my new favorite sparkly belt:) I wish you could see the print better on the cardigan. It's the "wish you were' cardigan. The print is made of all these vintage postcard images. Oh how I miss the days of personal mail.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment