Friday, October 8, 2010

greige



details:maxi skirt~f21/ tank~gap/cardigan~anthropologie/shoes~f21

Today's outfit in shades of grey and beige is almost like a palette cleanser from yesterday. As much as I love vibrant color and pattern sometimes it's nice to be still. I finally figured out that while neutral for some means black, for me it most often means grey, brown or sometimes navy.

Anyway, today is supposed to be another really warm day-80 degrees, seriously! I wanted to wear something easy, a little quiet without being boring. I fell in love with this skirt a few weeks ago. The maxi skirt is one of those things I really love...on others. Being a shortie means that sometimes things only work in theory. I was afraid it would be too long. I tried it on, liked it but second guessed myself. I ended up leaving it in the store and almost immediately regretting it. I was surprised to see it when I went back a week and half later. I'm really happy I decided to get it. I'm sort of in love with the soft-flowy-drapey-ness of it.

The fact that it's Friday hasn't escaped my attention:) Do you have any fun weekend plans? The husband and I are going to try to go see The Social Network. We've been trying to see it for a week but have yet to make it to the theater. We're also going to attempt to have a night out. I hope we can get our act together and make it out. We'll see!

I'm also having my first blogger meet up Saturday!!! How exciting is that? I'm meeting the lovely
Kristina. I'm super excited and a little bit nervous! We're going to do a little bit of shopping and I'm sure take a few pictures;)Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment