Friday, March 11, 2011

fbff:balance



Today's FBFF post is about balance.

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, where does blogging fall?
I'm juggling a lot lately. I don't really believing in the concept of multi tasking. It's too much like being a jack of all trades and master of none. I prefer to do one thing at a time and at least try to master it.  
I'm still a newlywed and a mom. I have a new career path I'm trying to flesh out and develop. So right now blogging is the low on the to-do list.
I wish I had more time to devote to it or could figure out a way to organize myself better. I'm open to suggestions:)

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you have and being more productive?

See first answer. I have no tools or tricks and often like I'm playing catch up. So, I'm very interested in reading how other bloggers stay ahead of game.

3. Have you discovered any shortcuts that makes blogging easier or more time effective?

I know there are lots of bloggers that plan or schedule posts. I've thought a lot about things I want to include on my blog. If I ever get my act together and implement some of them, scheduling posts will make things easier. As it stands, this is basically a style journal. It's virtually impossible to journal about things that haven't yet happened.

 I usually try to find 15-20 minutes to snap a few picks during the day and 15-20 to write the post in the early evening. Hmmmm, writing that down makes me a little sad. I really do love blogging. When you love something shouldn't you put more time and effort into it?  

4. Do you have an editorial calender or something similar that helps you plan ahead?

     So I've clearly established that planning ahead(in some aspects of my life) is not my strong suit. I have seen a few editorial resources out there specifically geared toward fashion/style bloggers. I tend to write out a few outfit ideas whenever inspiration strikes so that when I'm at a loss I have somewhere to start.

Typically, these "outfit notes" serve as a starting point. 95% of the time the outfit I end up wearing bears very little resemblance to my initial idea.
5. If time wasn't an issue, what would you be doing on/for your blog that you are not doing now?

So much! I would be doing restaurant and recipe posts. I enjoy cooking(most of the time) and really try hard to feed my family yummy meals that are cost effective(which can be hard for a family of 6). The husband and I also really love going to great locally owned restaurants in the city. I'd love to post these as well. I read lots of blogs that include daily life type posts. I love those! If time were not an issue I think I'd make this more of a "lifestyle"(for lack of a better word) blog. Of course, I don't know that anyone would care to read about all of  that stuff.

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is a discussion group started by Kathy at

No comments:

Post a Comment