Tuesday, August 3, 2010

happy birthday





details: tank~target/cardigan~jcrew/necklace~anthropologie(currently on sale)/skirt~anthro(purchased from Maria of infinite whimsy/shoes~bcbg/belt/target


Guess what? Today is my blog birthday! Last year in an attempt to find some kind of creative outlet I decided to start this blog. It still amazes me that people take the time to read it and leave comments. Thank you so much:)

I would say this is more of a fashion journal than a fashion blog. It's helped me define my style a little better(which makes me shop smarter). It's also helped me become more comfortable in my own skin. I've learned to cut myself some slack in terms of my looks and weight(which I've always been deeply critical of). Not to get all philosophical, but I really see getting dressed as an artistic expression. I think it's amazing that I discovered a group of women out there that kind of feel the same way:)

I wanted to wear something festive for the birthday but honestly it's so hot and humid, so I opted for comfort. This skirt was something I stalked at Anthro for a long time but for some reason I never bought it. When I finally decided to purchase, it was gone. The lovely Maria was having a blog sale and I snatched it up! I adore this skirt!! You can't tell but the tank is a pale yellow. The belt and shoes are making a an encore appearance;)

Have a lovely day!



9 comments:

  1. Happy, happy blog birthday! So glad you decided to start journaling your outfits for the world! :)

    Here's to many, many more years of fashion and fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy blog birthday! I always enjoy reading your blog Courtnee! And you look stunning today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog birthday Courtnee! You look beautiful as usual and I too am glad you decided to start this blog :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday you cutie! I always enjoy stopping by and seeing your beautiful outfits. You have a way with clothes lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday! Here's to many more posts with many more beautiful OOTDs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bloggy Day!!! I'm so glad I found you...so jealous, too, that you live near an IKEA. I went to college in Cincinnati and lived downtown for 6 years...miss it soooo much...especially the Anthro at Rookwook Commons. I make sure to visit it and IKEA EVERY time I come back into town. You look stunning, as always...PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birth/blog day and i love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your day was lovely! happy birthday courtnee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, wishing you many more years .

    ReplyDelete