All I wanted to do this morning was stay in bed, but a "sick" day means managing a house full of teenagers and sometimes it's just easier to go to work:)
I rarely wear flats but my achy legs were demanding them this morning. I think I should have named this post "What can't I pair this cardigan with?" Who knew stripes could be a neutral?
Cindi at SimplyCindi tagged me with these questions:
1. Who would you say is your hero?
This is a tough one! I would say my kids are my heroes. Growing up with one parent(especially a young single parent) can't be easy but they have never used it as an excuse to be less or achieve less. They are smart, funny, caring and fearless. I am so excited to see what the future brings for them!
2. If you were a topping on a pizza, what would you be?
Carmelized onions....I'm having a serious love affair with them right now and it's all I can think about:)
3. Which Sex and the City girl do you identify with most and why?
Hmmm...I think most people would think that I'm a "Carrie" because I love clothes and getting dressed up but I mostly identify with Charlotte. I really wanted to find love, have a family and create a home.
4. What is your fondest memory of your parents growing up?My Dad is a minister and was the pastor of our church. I think some of my fondest childhood memories about my parents include going to church on Sunday and Sunday dinners which included lots of amazing southern soul food(fried chicken, collard greens, fried green tomatoes,sweet tea...) and a house full of church members laughing and enjoying each others company.
5. What part of your body would you say is your best feature?
I would have to say my legs. They are the only part of my body that I've never really stressed over.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Paris! The architecture, the culture, the food, the clothes!!!
7. What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?I'm horrible at remembering movies. I usually remember if I liked them or not but I'm always hazy on the why. I also don't remember when I've seen them. I guess I'll say Inception for now because we just saw it over the weekend and it's the first time Doug and I have seen a movie together in a long time that we actually discussed and debated over dinner.
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
This is kind of cringe-worthy but the first thing I ever recall wanting to be when I was little was a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader...yikes! In my defense, I think it was the boots:D Then, I wanted to be a teacher. I actually still think about it.