Wednesday, July 25, 2012

easy like sunday morning

Sunday is the one day a week that gives you permission to slow down-have long conversations with friends over a pitcher of iced tea, savor a meal together as a family, sleep in, attempt the crossword puzzle(in ink!). Sunday, Doug and I brunched(that's a word...right?) at one of our favorite restaurants, Vitor's Bistro. Being "Doug and Courtnee" instead of "Mom and Dad" for a few hours is such a luxury! My Salmon Benedict was so freakin' good, I had to stop myself from licking the plate.

 
After we stuffed our faces    finished eating, we drove across the river to check out the monthly flea market in Mainstrasse. The pickings were slim and I couldn't find one single thing to convince my husband we were in desperate need of(that seriously never happens!) but we had an amazing time strolling through the cobblestone streets people watching.





“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment