Tuesday, July 3, 2012

bon appetit

While we were in Michigan we ate Salt of the Earth in Fennville. As the name suggents, the restaurant prides itself on its farm to table philosophy and working with local farmers to source the best local ingrediants to offer their customers.

On the short drive from our cottage into Fennville we talked about some of the best meals we've ever eaten. I'm happy to say all of my hands down favorite thing I've ever eaten meals have been shared with Doug. Great company is essential to enjoying a fantastic meal(in my opinion!)

There was so much good stuff on the menu!

 To start- cocktails! I really love a good blush, especially in the summer. I'm no oeneologist, but I think they're perfect for summertime sippin'. I had a glass of the Fenn Valley Lakeshore Sunset Blush and Doug tried the Midwestern Farmer's Fizz. They were both great choices. We brought home a bottle of wine and as soon as I can locate a bottle of elderfower liquor I plan on mxing up a batch of my own Farmer's Fizz!

We started with the fried risotto, Doug had the oven roasted half chicken and I chose the grilled hangar steak. And even though we were completely stuffed, dinner isn't finished without a little sumthin' sweet, no? And dessert was amazing! Wood Fire Toasted S'More -homemade marshmallow, graham cracker crumb, milk chocolate pudding and salted caramel! Enough said. The restaurant has a rustic/industrial feel to it. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the servers were friendly and quick with recommendations. The chef came out and chatted with diners(which I kind of love and he was super cute!)
If you ever find yourself near Fenville, Michigan stop in and have bite!  

*Some of my other favorite meals have been at: N9ne in Chicago, local 11ten in Savannah and of course, our Cincinnati favorites nadaboca, and one of our new favorites a tavola 

Now, I'm freakin' starving;)

No comments:

Post a Comment