Thursday, February 3, 2011

neon trees

Hello there! Can we breathe a big sigh of relief that this week is almost dunzo!?
It has been an exceptionally hard week for me. 

I think if you ask people that know me the consensus would be that I'm an outgoing person-a little self deprecating and never with out an opinion. In some cases this is absolutely true. I want people to enjoy being around me and have a good time. I hate awkward so I think I go out of my way to make people feel comfortable. However, I am a fairly solitary person. I sometimes find face to face interaction exhausting(because of my need to entertain). My circle of close friends is very small. I'm content to stay in, read or watch television. I'm really quite happy to be alone. I think this is why I internalize things that are going on around me in a way that can be torturous.  On the outside I'm officially a grown up but inside I still feel like an angst-y teenager!

There are some things-personal things-that happened this week that have hit me hard. I don't want to sound melodramatic and everyone is healthy so please don't worry. But, this week I've been constantly reminding myself of that quote "comparison is the thief of joy". I have so much to be thankful and joyful about but for some reason I let the negative tapes play in my head and get top billing. I think last night I finally turned the page on most of what I've been trying to process so I'm hoping the rest of the week is easy, breezy:)

And of you made it through that wall of text...bless your heart;)    





details:sweater-f21/cami-express/cords-gap/scarf-?/shoes-aldo
Since I'm feeling like a tortured teen, I decided to pile on the neon which was the shizz in my day!(Yes, I double layered my polos, popped the collars on those suckers and wore them with my most neon jams! Tell me I'm not alone here.) 
Nothing says "Cheer up!" quite like wearing something unabashedly, verging on obnoxiously bright:D
Here's to a happy "revel in your own awesome-ness" Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment