Friday, January 28, 2011

inspired by...

Kim at Anthroholic is one of my daily reads. She has such a femine and ladylike style. She also puts together the most lovely color stories. When I saw this outfit I knew that I wanted to create a similar look with things I had in my closet. The colors-mustard and shades of blue- are some of my favorites and the slightly nautical reference is pure genius! I purchased this little mustard skirt from f21 because I was drawn to color but I wasn't really sure how to wear it. Kim's sweater is similar to one I purchased at f21(I know!) but had so far only worn it with jeans. Navy tights and these nubuck wedges make it a little more casual. 

Thanks for the inspiration Kim! 









details:skirt/cardi-f21/tights-old navy/shirt-target/shoes-aldo

I don't know if the pictures do it justice but I love this outfit!! It's been a long week and I needed a little pretty to get me through the day:)

I have to venture out into the snow{Boo!!Hiss!!} Tonight I'm going out to celebrate the birthdays of two of my best friends! I'm also hoping that I'll get time this weekend to go see Blue Valentine. Anything good planned this weekend? 
Happy Friday!!

p.s.-I've gotten a few emails about my nail polish. It's Essie lapis of luxury. I looove it!


No comments:

Post a Comment