|Happy New Year!!!Expect to see more of !these in the new year|
And, yes, it is absolutely cliche to post my list of resolutions but I'm ok with that.
So 2012, meet me at camera 3...
1. Operation Baby(aka...let's get it on!) We've been trying(sorta) to get pregnant for a bit. We haven't officially been told that we're fertility challenged but there are a few issues that are making it difficult for us to make a baby. This is the year we deal with those issues and get this baby thing happening. Seriously, we're not getting any younger!
2. Transition into working from home and officially launching my business. These last few months I've been putting lots and lots of effort into planning and developing my business. This is the year that I make it happen.
3. Workout at least three days a week. I can't believe I'm going to say this out loud for all of the interwebz to read, but I feel better/stronger/more relaxed when I workout! I usually go balls to the wall for a few months and then burn out. Must remember...moderation
4.Menu plan and eat better- I used to be really good at this but,um,I got lazy
5.Garden. We've been talking about planting a garden for years. I'm tired of paying through the nose for heirloom tomatoes dammit! This year I will have my own veggies and herbs!
6. Enjoy our city. Cincinnati is not New York or Chicago but I think it's so easy to get in the routine of never doing anything or constantly doing the same thing (rut...party of 2) So no more hangin in the burbs and watching NCIS marathons, it's time to explore the city!
7. Entertain more. Last year I was determined to bring back the old fashioned cocktail hour. So, it didn't happen. But this year, my friends, plenty of cocktail hours, game nights and movie nights to come!
8.Conquer my fear of baking. I'm kind of scatterbrained when it comes to baking. It's a little too exact for me and I've had a few baking disasters(can we please never mention the birthday cake disaster of 2009!?) that have scarred me! This year I will bake a souffle and bread among other things.
9. Invest in a fancy new camera ASAP. I think one of the many reasons I've been slacking on posting is because my current is such a pain to use. While I'm not exactly sure that taking pictures of myself warrants a several hundred dollar camera, I also plan on using it for my business. Over the past few weeks I've been really thinking long and hard about the direction I want to take this blog in(if I still have any readers left) and upping my photo game is an important piece of the equation.
10. Tackle some redecorating. I've been cheating on style blogs with design blogs! My personal style has evolved int the last few years and so has design aesthetic. It's time to give the house a little makeover. And yes honey, that includes a tile backsplash in the kitchen;)
11. Put myself out there more. Meeting people and taking some chances will be extremely important in terms of building my business
12. Nurture personal relationships. In other words, be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend.
And with that 2012, bring it!!