Monday, March 17, 2014

spring showers

Big sis, L, hard at work on her art square for the baby's room
I have no words for how amazing this cake from bonbonerie tasted!
The flower arrangements I made-red, white with a touch of pink in birch covered pots. 

The mimosa bar included three different juices and fresh fruit.
At the last minute I found this Peter Pilotto dress at Target. It was comfortable which is all you can hope for when you're eight months pregnant!

Tiny baby clothes!
And books to start his personal library.
Me and my mom.

 
Last Sunday my three best friends threw an amazing shower for our little bean! Remarkably, this is the first shower I've ever had! Because I'd never done the shower thing I don't think I was prepared for how emotional I'd be. This baby has turned me into such sentimental sap;)

Because we have been friends for so long(almost 30 years!) and they know me so well I was asked for my opinion on what I wanted and how it should look. I picked the location, Book Bums, a coffeehouse/cafe near our home, the colors(red,kraft paper and a touch of pink) and requested no games. I made the flower arrangements but the rest was all them. My favorite touch was requesting that each guest bring their favorite children's book in lieu of a card. We had book plates made so guests were able to sign their names and add a small message to the inside of the book. They did such an amazing job! My only regret is that I was having such a good time that I forgot to more pictures of all the little details.(blogger fail!)

The food was yummy(even if I didn't get to partake in the mimosa bar!) and the cake got rave reviews! I had a great time chatting with friends and family. Doug showed up just before dessert to help me open gifts. So. Much. Cute! The shower, the gifts, everything was so overwhelming! We are so lucky that our baby boy will be born into such a loving and warm community.

Britt, Nic and Cheryl(#teamoldschool) a million thank yous for all of your hard work! I love you girls so much!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment