Friday, February 4, 2011

red-y,set,go


Andie a member of Friend Friday wanted to do something special to promote Feburary as Heart Healthy month. Going along with the AHA fabulous "Going Red" Campaign it was decided that we would wear red every Fiday in Febuary.

I was shocked to learn that heart disease is the prevailing cause of death for African-American women. It is so important that we educate ourselves about the benefits of a healthy diet and excercise. As a wife and a mother, I realize that most of the time we put ourselves at the bottom of the priority list. If we want to take care of our families, we have to start taking care of ourselves!
I'm so happy to be able to participate.
Thanks Andie for such a fantastic idea!    

Red is one of my favorite colors! I know lots of us are afraid to wear it because it commands attention. But, I think every women looks beautiful in red. Today, let's add a little red{dress, lipstick,nails,whatever}.





details:dress-anthro/cardi-bebe/belt-target/shoes-steve madden/tights-kohl's

This dress is one of my all time favorite purchases. I adore the vibrant print and color but the silhouette makes a little more lady like and a little less look at me{i think}.

Thank you all for your sweet words yesterday. They most definitely helped:)
Tomorrow morning the husband and I are going for a quick getaway. I wish we could jet off to someplace warm and sunny but sadly that's not possible:( So no sunny skies but lots of alone time with my favorite guy, a little shopping and a glorious Sunday brunch{my all time fave meal!!} 

Have a fantastic weekend! See you on the other side;D

No comments:

Post a Comment